Friday, June 3, 2011

Moshi Moshi?

So just now, I got off the phone with my host dad! :D

After days of trying to figure out the area code to call, getting that annoying woman's voice going "I'm sorry...," dealing with time difference, etc...

I finally reached through today! I did not understand why people were saying that calling their host families were so awkward, but now I do. I think I died a little on the inside.

My stomach was already churning, but then when he picked up and said "Moshi moshi?" I practically flipped out. I meekly replied (in Japanese of course) "Hello? Is this the Nakamoto family? I am a YFU exchange student," and he immediately understood. We talked for a really long time, with excrutiatingly long pauses in between haha! And he spoke really quietly, so sometimes I had a hard time understanding him... But he said my Japanese was very skillful! That made me really happy! I had to speak in only Japanese!
  1. For practice
  2. He said his English was very bad :P
But he was extremely nice! I can't wait to meet the family! Apparantly he was the only one there when I called...so I'll have to call back later :)

But man, was that nerve-racking!

And then, to top it all off, I couldn't ask him on whether or not I should hang up! I kept saying it in english hoping that his little known amount of english would spare me... But I guess fate decided that for me because MY CONNECTION BROKE.
I absolutely could not believe it...I really hope he doesn't think I'm super rude now...

I'm going to call later! Hopefully I can get in touch with the whole family!

Lemme do a little cram before I do that....
Now let's see...how do you say "hang up"...

No comments:

Post a Comment