Saturday, June 4, 2011

Moshi Moshi Part 2

Alrighty, so after called my host family yesterday and got cut off, I vowed I would call them again.

So today I did! I didn't wake up early enough to call them in the morning, when it would be nighttime for them, so I called them in MY evening time when it was morning for them.

This time, my sister answered the phone! We were going on about how awesome it was to talk to one another, but then I asked her the question...does she play any sports?
My dad had asked me if I played sports, to which I replied I used to do tae-kwon-do (which is true, and I became a provisional black belt and was pretty good at it toot toot haha, but I'm actually very unathletic.)
And Okinawa (especially my school) seems VERY sports-orientated, I swear, they have like alomst EVRYTHING,
  • soccer
  • basketball
  • baseball
  • soft tennis
  • soft ball
  • volleyball
  • rugby
  • badminton
  • ping pong
  • ground hockey
  • dance (which I could actually do)
  • weight-lifting
  • and others that I can't read what they are....
Anyway, I was scared thinking I'm going to be this weakling amidst all these athletes, when she answers..."No, I can't do sports."
I answered back, "REALLY? I CAN'T EITHER!"
We both were so happy, because she felt the same way I did! We kept going "yokatta! yokatta!" (Thank goodness thank goodness)

In all, we talked for half an hour! All in Japanese! There were still the awkward pauses, but it was still so fun! I think she and I are going to get along great!

It turns out that pretty much no one in her family can speak English, which I was kind of happy about. More practice for me! She asked that I teach her, so of course I agreed. My pleasure, of course! When else has English ever been so cool?

Haha I was really disappointed when we had to say goodbye...

But speaking of my host family!!
Being the insane stalker (kidding) that I am, I've been google-mapping the city and doing street-view! It is soooooo entertaining! I've been through the same streets like 5 times!


This is the street headed right to my school. See the red sign to the left? That's the school sign! This was as close as I could get though...
Oh well! I'll see it in person soon!

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment