Sunday, July 3, 2011

Home Sweet New Home

*Note: This posts since my arrival in Japan have been days behind.


I made it to my host family's house! It was a short flight for us going to Okinawa, only about 2 hours from Haneda Airport to Naha Airport. And boy, were we acting crazy on the plane! We were subtly crazy though, so we didn't disturb anyone. We sure were hyper getting off the plane, thinking "Omigosh we're actually here!"


After baggage claim the whole group walked out together, and it was like one of those movies where you're walking through the door in slow motion toward the bright light. And when it clears, there's the crowd of host families.


Most of them had giant decorated signs up, their host child's name plastered across it, but mine didn't, so I had no idea where they were. Luckily, my younger host sister must have known who I was, because she ran up to me and said my name. She was then joined by her dad, and so after goodbyes we all left. Nago is practically on the other side of the island from Naha, so I though it would take us forever to get to our house. Luckily, Okinawa is VERY small so it only took about an hour. There was music playing the whole time too!


We finally got to our house, and I was greeted by my sister of the same age, as well as my mom. I was shocked when a giant black lab then charged me. I had no idea they had a dog! But she's sweet as could be, so it's all fine.


We then went grocery shopping, me, Sayaka, Yurika and お父さん. I pretty much stuck with Sayaka during it, and we already could tell we were going to be very good friends!


I was exhausted that day, so it was very short for me. I went to bed very early. After all that travel, a girl needs her sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment