Thursday, February 14, 2013

Here Comes the Rainbow

July 11, 2011

Today a student returned from studying abroad in the Netherlands for a year! She is super sweet and nice, and we became friends immediately! My guy friend also borrowed my camera and took a bunch of extremely blurry pictures..with a few gems in there.


Me and my gal friends :)


After school I met a JET (Japan Exchange and Teaching Program) teacher who works at my school, and he and I had a nice long talk in English. But I guess because of my Japanese-esque appearance whenever students who didn't know me walked by they all had such a confused look on their face. Sometimes it feels good to be a native English speaker!

Anyway on the way home my friends and I decided to stop my a shaved ice cart, where a couple of them bought ぜんざい (zenzai, an Okinawan shaved ice treat with azuki beans and sometimes milky cream!), another friend who studied abroad in Thailand got "Thai curry," and I got strawberry milk shaved ice!





We were all eating and enjoying ourselves when lo and behold a rainbow appeared!


Think it's a magical sign for how much I love this place? ♡


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! It's always so exciting when you update~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Your experiences are very nice to read!

    ReplyDelete